Directions0/0 steps made
- Marinate the chicken in garlic, pepper, and salt for 8 hours.
- In 1 tbsp of hot oil cook the chicken on medium heat until tender. Remove from heat.
- Smoke the chicken using coal. (Heat the coal for a few minutes on a naked flame. Shape a piece of aluminium foil into a cup and place it on top of the cooked chicken. Using tongs place the hot coal into foil cup. With the pan lid in one hand, pour ½ tsp of oil directly on top of the coal with the other hand. Immediately cover the pan. Leave for 5-10 minutes and then remove the coal and foil. This gives the meat a smokey smell.)
- Beat the yogurt and cream together and add lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix tomatoes, onions, capsicums, and lemon juice. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Refrigerate.
- Make 8 equal sized balls of dough.
- Roll the dough into a circle and cook on a tava/frying pan/griddle.
- While the pita is still hot, cut into half and split open the bread to let out the steam. It’s important you do this while the pita’s still hot. It’s much harder to do when the bread cools down.
- When your pitas are ready, fill each pita with the chicken, vegetable mix and top with the yogurt mix.